Monday, July 2, 2012

Hall Pottery

*The Hall China Company was founded in 1903 by Robert Hall, and is currently operating today.

*In the early years, Hall Pottery made institutional pieces like bedpans, toilet seats, and chamber pots.

*Hall pottery made dinnerware for the Jewel Tea Company from the mid 1920’s until 1980.

Hall pottery recently re-issued many of the older pieces that they made.  To help distinguish the new from the old, Hall pottery has different colors for the pieces, and they also have a different mark on them.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you John! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Yes, I love antiques! All types...real good ones, repurposed painted ones, rusty ones..you get the idea! I enjoy the info you give on things, just like the hall china, for example...I will stay in touch and I became a follower a few weeks ago! will be back! Roxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear! Give me a hollar when you are in my neck of the woods, I look forward to it.

      Delete