Monday, October 15, 2012

One-Of-A-Kind!



I am always on the lookout for things that are unique, and I ran into this extremely cool tray recently, and I immediately fell in love with it.
 
 

At least 30 years ago, a person in their garage needed a nut and bolt tray.  They reached for the nearest item, which happened to be a Gargoyle Mobiloil 5 quart oil can made by the Socony Vacuum Oil Company.




Who ever made this tray really did a good job.  They took their time and rolled the edges so that you won’t get a cut, and the compartments appear to be even as well.  It is insanely  well made, and borders on tramp art.  You could even call it Garage Art.







When this tray was made, money was extremely tight, everything had to be remade into something else that was just as useful.  That’s how this tray came about.  The skies are the limit when it comes to finding a use for something like this.

 

If you are becoming a Mobiloil nut like I’m getting to be, check out my Mobilgas gas pump sign here.

To see the blog post on the Mobiloil sign, you can see it here.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I would have loved that myself! Great item and very unique! Roxie

    ReplyDelete