Monday, September 10, 2012

Searching The World Wide Web

With a book out on the market on just about any antiques and collectibles area that you could imagine, it would be a safe bet that you could find any item fairly fast, right?
 
Sometimes it doesn’t work out that way.  The internet can be a great resource for information on the item that you’re looking for, like a head vase for example.


When I look for something, I start with a fairly broad search by typing in “head vase”.  If that doesn’t get me what I need, this is when I start typing in specifics.  If the piece has a stamp or a sticker with the makers name on it, I use that.


With you narrowing down the search, you get to the point where you can find the item you have pretty quickly.  It could get to the point where you can find several listings of the same item as yours so that you have a great price range.

2 comments:

  1. I remember those head vase/planters! My grandmother kept one on her dresser to hold trinkets and I was fascinated by the eyelashes. Those are really collectible and expen$ive, too. -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head vases are all the rage right now and there isn't a one to be found at my local flea market. The internet is great for tracking down info! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I've added you to my feed reader thanks!

    ReplyDelete